Looking for a fun way to increase engagement with your readers, while adding value to your food or lifestyle blog? Here’s an idea that has worked really well for me…
Years ago, I ran a site called Web Copy Results for my freelance writing business. (It’s not online anymore because I no longer offer those services).
One important thing I learned from that experience was that running a short-term challenge was an EXCELLENT way to grow your email list and increase engagement with your audience.
Every September, I would host a 90 Day Content Marketing Challenge that would get shared and recommended by other bloggers like crazy. In fact, one email recommendation from a prominent blogger added over 300 new subscribers to my list in a single day! Plus, I always had more blog comments and made more affiliate sales during the challenge than I did any other time of the year.
(Another very important thing I learned was that 90 days is WAYYYYYYYYYY too long to host a daily challenge! LOL!!! 30 days or less is ideal…)
Obviously, I can’t guarantee you’ll get the same results, but I am willing to bet that running a short-term challenge on your site WILL generate excitement and increase engagement with your readers.
My formula was simple: Each day I would write one new blog post sharing free tips on how to write effective web content/copy and send a short email covering the highlights of the new post with a link back to it.
If I knew then what I know now – I would have also converted all that new content into a value-packed, evergreen eCourse for those who missed the challenge start date, but I didn’t see the potential or understand how to set that up back then. We’ll talk more about that later – if you want to get updates on this and other ideas to grow your food blog, Click here.
As a food or lifestyle blogger, you can easily set something like this up on your own site. For example, you could:
- Create a 30 day challenge on basic cooking or kitchen skills – “Become a Better Cook in 30 Days”
- Offer a 30 day meal planning course that relates to your niche – “Master the Low Carb Lifestyle in 30 Days” (or vegetarian/vegan or gluten-free or… you get the idea)
- Add a time or money-saving slant: “Turn One Trip to the Grocery Store into 30 Days of Meals”
If you’re stuck for ideas or don’t have time to write all that content yourself, my friends Tracy and Susanne have a done-for-you 30 Day Slow Cooker Challenge pack that is perfect for this time of year: (see coupon code below!)
http://kitchenbloggers.com/recommends/30-day-slow-cooker (opens in new tab) — aff. link
If nothing else, take a look at what’s included in their bundle to see if it helps you generate ideas for your own niche.
By the way – use Coupon Code SLOWCOOKING to save $7 on this pack.
Which reminds me…
Tiffany Lambert’s new 21 Day Challenge “How to Build a Business Using Nothing but PLR” starts TODAY, (but you can join at any time). I’m all signed up and ready to go and I’m really looking forward to this one! I hope you’ll join me.
You can check out the details and sign up here:
http://kitchenbloggers.com/recommends/plr-challenge (opens in new tab) — aff. link
I have contributed several packs to this project, including my “Vegetable Gardening” double pack and “Tasty Tomato Gardening” pack. Participants in the challenge will get access to this material, plus a bunch of other packs from top PLR providers.
As an added bonus, I’ve also provided two coupon codes – one for everyone who participates (40% off your entire purchase) and second worth $20 off any purchase for anyone who signs up via my link.
(I’ve added more details on what this challenge covers in the PS below).
That’s all I have for today – thanks so much for your time. I hope you have an awesome day!
Til Next Time,
Feed Your Blog!
PS Here’s a quick look at some of the topics Tiffany will cover in the 21 Day Challenge:
- Setting Up a PLR Organizational System for Use in Your Online Business
- Learning How to Get Slants Out of the PLR You Purchased
- How to Add Research and Information to Your PLR to Beef It Up or Replace Info
- PLR Personalization Tips to Help You Build a Bond with Your Readers or Viewers
- Optimizing Your PLR for Search Engines
- PLR Usage Tips for Your Affiliate Promotions
- How to Combine PLR from Multiple Sources
- Turning Your PLR Into a Multimedia Powerhouse
- Reworking PLR Into a Kindle Creation (Yes, It CAN Be Done If Done Right!)
- (and a ton of others!)
You can sign up here: