Summer is here, which means the living is easy… For many, summer means backyard barbecues, picnics by the lake and balmy evenings around a blazing campfire. With the kids out of school, paper bag lunches are out and lazy (read: late!) mornings are in.
[Tip: Read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how you can get an updated pdf of this list every month (for the following month) PLUS a set of ready-to-publish social media graphics and updates (for the current month) to share with your readers!)
When it comes to recognized food themes… June brings plenty of candy, chocolates and ice cream-themed days, but there is Eat All Your Veggies day mid-month to balance it out. Have fun with these and remember, when you make a new post to your blog, share it here so fellow group members can see it and I’ll share it on our Facebook Page, too. I’d love to see the content you’re creating.
So let’s get back to planning your content for June…
Food Days and Blogging Ideas for June 2016
If you’re looking for a monthly theme, these are the National Food Months, so you can celebrate and/or indulge all month long.
- National Candy Month
- National Dairy Month
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
- National Iced Tea Month
- National Papaya Month
- National Seafood Month
- National Steakhouse Month
- National Turkey Lover’s Month
Here are your daily ideas to keep you busy all month long.
- 1 – National Hazelnut Cake Day: You can’t go wrong with chocolate. Combine it with hazelnut and you’ve really got something. We’re not sure how such a day came to be, but why not share some recipes or make a new creation. Nutella should work in a pinch here.
- 2 – National Rocky Road Ice Cream Day: How about some homemade ice cream or a comparison of some store bought versions? Judge based on taste, quality of ingredients, value and more
- 3 – National Egg Day: So many ways to prepare eggs. Why not ask some of our Facebook Group members to supply some recipes for a roundup?
- 3 – National Donut Day (First Friday): Share your favorites. Ask your followers to duke it out over their favorite donut shops.
- 4 – National Cheese Day: There are plenty of things you could do with this day. It could be recipes, information on different types of cheeses or what about investigating how cheeses are made? Got dietary concerns? How about dairy-free and lactose-free cheeses or the best cheeses for low carb diets?
- 4 – National Frozen Yogurt Day: Share some frozen yogurt coupons? Post your favorite homemade recipe. Or make a giant list of topping ideas to make your readers’ mouths water.
- 4 – National Cognac Day: Whether you serve it as a beverage or use it in recipes, there are many things to do with cognac. Use it in sauces for meats and seafood or even as an ice cream topper.
- 5 – National Gingerbread Day: It’s something many of us associate with Christmastime, but why not have fun with it at this time. Create a gingerbread beach house or use summer-themed cookie cutters.
- 6 – National Applesauce Cake Day: A whole day for an obscure, but delicious dessert. Find a recipe and try it or share your family favorite, if you have one.
- 7 – National Chocolate Ice Cream Day: Share some recipes that use chocolate ice cream. Milkshakes, ice cream cakes and more.
- 8 – Jelly-Filled Donut Day: How do they get the jelly in the middle of the donut? Reveal the secret to your followers and give them delicious ideas for donut fillings.
- 9 – National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day: Share your best recipe for pie filling. Show your readers how to make a perfect pie crust and more.
- 10 – Herbs & Spices Day: Dried or fresh, there are many topic you could cover. Show your readers how to grow their own, explain how different herbs and spices are used or talk about their health benefits.
- 10 – National Iced Tea Day: Sweetened or unsweetened? It’s an eternal debate, so go find some answers.
- 11 – National German Chocolate Cake Day: Need an excuse to eat more chocolate cake? You just got it.
- 12 – National Jerky Day: Beef jerky, turkey jerky, buffalo jerky and more. There are so many flavors. Why not do a taste test of different brands or flavors?
- 12 – National Peanut Butter Cookie Day: Chewy or crumbly? How do you like your peanut butter cookie? Share your favorite recipe and don’t forget to take some photos. Stack the cookies and take the photo from the side to create an appealing scene.
- 13 – Kitchen Klutzes of America Day: What a fun day. Share your kitchen disasters or have your readers share them with you.
- 14 – National Strawberry Shortcake Day: A perfect summertime treat. Make one and take some outdoor photos for that perfect summer feeling.
- 15 – National Lobster Day: How do you like your lobster? Whole or au gratin. Create a recipe roundup with all kinds of ways to prepare lobster.
- 6 – National Fudge Day: Fudge is delicious, but it can be complex to make. Find a recipe marked as simple and easy and put it to the test. Take plenty of photos or video.
- 17 – Eat All Your Veggies Day: Alert the parents on your list! It’s Eat All Your Veggies Day. If you have children and they don’t always eat their veggies, take a video of them “enjoying” this important day.
- 17 – National Apple Strudel Day: Create or find a video to share that shows how to create the perfect strudel pastry. Don’t forget the apples!
- 18 – National Cherry Tart Day: Fresh cherries are one of the many treasures of summer. Show off your creativity with a fresh spin on this summer classic.
- 18 – International Picnic Day: Come up with the perfect picnic menu around a particular theme. Whether it’s low carb, no-cook or something else, it doesn’t matter, as long as it’s delicious.
- 18 – National Sushi Day: Have you ever made your own sushi rolls? Now’s a great time to experiment and share the results. It’s easier than you think.
- 19 – National Dry Martini Day: We happen to think a dry martini is a little boring, but if you love them, share how to make the perfect one. Or have fun with this day and come up with some delicious new martini concoctions.
- 20 – National Vanilla Milkshake Day: How do you make your milkshake? Share a traditional recipe, low cal one or dairy or lactose free.
- 21 – National Peaches and Cream Day: Imagine the photos of these. The beautiful peach colors against white cream. Yum. Yum. Yum.
- 22 – National Chocolate Éclair Day: It’s a donut, but a fancy French one. Test and share a recipe.
- 22 – National Onion Rings Day: Do you like them breaded or with a tempura batter? It doesn’t matter how, make sure you share a yummy recipe today.
- 23 – National Pecan Sandy Day: Buttery cookies with pecans? We’re in. Share your favorite recipe or discover a new one. Don’t forget the photos.
- 24 – National Pralines Day: Pralines in France and in America aren’t quite the same. Discover the differences and do a taste test.
- 25 – National Catfish Day: Grilled or battered and fried, it’s up to you. Cook up your best dish and post the recipe.
- 25 – National Strawberry Parfait Day: Get creative with this one. Do you use yogurt or cream cheese? Add granola or graham crackers? Drizzle it with chocolate or plain with cream.
- 26 – National Chocolate Pudding Day: Help your readers break-free from boxed mixes or packaged ready-made puddings. Show them how to make the real stuff at home.
- 28 – National Tapioca Day: Keep the pudding theme going with your favorite tapioca pudding recipe. And what the heck is tapioca anyway? Be sure to give your readers the 411 on that one.
- 29 – National Almond Buttercrunch Day: Call it buttercrunch or roca, it doesn’t matter because it’s delicious. Make up a batch and share the recipe with plenty of photos.
- 30 – National Ice Cream Soda Day: What’s your favorite? Root beer float? Or do you prefer cream soda? Share some unique flavor combinations.
So there you have it – plenty of inspiration to help plan your June 2016 food content calendar! I look forward to seeing what you cook up! 🙂
Starting in June 2016, a list of recognized monthly and daily food days like the one above will be included in the KitchenBloggers Monthly Food & Photo Club, along with additional social media graphics and updates to help your readers celebrate these fun food holidays all month long. (The June 2016 package will include a list of dates for July to give you a head start on planning – but the social media graphics will be for the June dates listed above so you can use them right away).
Let me know if you have any questions!
Til Next Time,
PS Want to receive future tips and ideas for your food blog? Use the button below to request updates! 🙂